Saturday, October 17, 2009

October

The cool weather has decended upon North Texas. It feels wonderful not to be broiled on a daily basis. The cool weather also signals the start of hunting season.
My prodigal bird dog has returned home. Having spent the majority of the summer in Mississippi, she seems to be wound tight. I think being housed in a kennel for the past three months with minimal exposure to play and love has a bit of a brainwashing effect. Now that she is out of the cage and and moving around more freely, her wild, unruly side has returned. We are traveling next week to Kansas for a big field trial, my hope is that a portion of the training she had is still in there.
I had an invitation to hog hunt with a co-worker this weekend. He produced pictures of a monster he had recently harvested. If this is one of the many feral swine present in Texas, all I have to say is we are not removing nearly enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment